Friday, February 23, 2018

Kitchen Update

So, I'm still here. Our kitchen is still here. But I'm not ready to show it to you yet.

Blake has been adding our backsplash, in his spare time, and it's looking so good. I'm so excited about how my vision is coming together. It's actually nicer than I imagined it. But we have one more wall left to go.
There's a sneak peek on instagram. But other than that I want to show you when it's more together.

We're hoping this weekend will see it fully tiled. But there a couple little plumbing things around the house we need to deal with too (little leak under the sink, and a toilet that keeps running unless you manually stop it every flush) so we'll see what all fits into the free time.

I'm looking forward to checking the kitchen off this list! I'm kinda used to it being crazy in there, but I'm also kinda over it being crazy.  I started painting the cabinets a few weeks  before Thanksgiving...it's starting to take a little emotional toll all the endlessness of its makeover since it's such a needed space. But it's definitely worth the investment. The difference is astounding.

Even after the tile is done we still need to do some more stuff in there to call it done, but nothing quite so disrupting to the whole room. Mainly trim work. So checking the tile off the list  will really help the room feel less over run with tools and chaos.

The dining room side of the room has been going through it's own transformation as well. But it's also not ready for a reveal.
I've totally slacked on painting my "new" chairs. And a few other things need to be tweaked before I'm ready to show it off.


But with the kitchen coming together, the  house is getting close to done.
     We have two big things left:
         The sunroom needs a ceiling and ceiling fans/lights.
         And our entryway needs its facelift.
And we are hoping that this summer we can address those.

Of course I have a running list in my head of other small projects. But once those two big things get done, the house won't feel under construction.

It's cool to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's still a way off, but it feels good thinking about how far we've come.

I'll be sure to show you more as it comes.

And I've been pondering a post(s) about some of our school stuff. But I haven't rushed to write it, since I'm not sure it will appeal widely. I still may share a couple things we use that are cool whether you home school or not.

But I'll leave it here for now.
Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...